This is the archive of the original tigtogblog

tigtog now posts at the new and improved Hoyden About Town. She also blogs at Larvatus Prodeo and Finally A Feminism 101 Blog. If the new Hoydenspace is down you should find updates below.

Posts begin below the Feed Modules from the blogs named above.

Hoyden About Town

Latest Posts from Finally, A Feminism 101 Blog

2006-07-01

The Art of Parody, Sublime

On my blog the women come and bitch
Reading Ivan Denisovitch.

And indeed there will be time
To download videos of laissez faire,
Time to pull rants from my derriere,
With a cowlick in the middle of my hair -
[They will say: "How his schtick is growing thin!"]
In The Love Song of J. Edgar Goldstein, an homage to one of my favouritest poems ever, Chris Clarke skewers Jeff Goldstein of Protein Wisdom latest ill-humoured rant.

How absolutely de-fucking-lightful.

4 comments:

Don Quixote said...

Now that was very, very funny. I love Prufrock, so I thought I'd be a little sensitive to the jumble, but it's right on the money.

tigtog said...

I'm fortunate enough to have known Chris' wordsmithing even before he began blogging. He's one of the best writers I know.

If you know the blogger the parody is aimed at, it's even better. Check out the satire archive over there for more gems.

Don Quixote said...

I know Goldstein - he's lampooned over at Pandagon with great frequency.

tigtog said...

And deservedly so.

Chris doesn't lampoon only Goldstein, though. This one on states instituting abortion bans is a doozy.